how does an EVO240 or BIX Extreme dual compare to single heatercore?

mushrooms

Gawd
i'm planning on going dual fan radiator.. and i'm currently running a dtek heatercore.. but how does a BIX/EVO compare to a single fan heatercore performance wise? my temps right now are wayyy crazy..

Abit IC7-G
Swiftech MCW5000 cpu block
Swiftech MCW50 gpu block
3.0 cpu @ 3.5
3/8" tubing..

and i idle at 65C and full load at 77C. that's WAYYY crazy. i'm not sure if my Abit board is reading temps wrong, or am i really that hot.. but i'm not comfy with that. so should i get an EVO240, BIX Extreme Dual, or should i just get the 2fresh dual heatercore?

mushrooms said:
i'm planning on going dual fan radiator.. and i'm currently running a dtek heatercore.. but how does a BIX/EVO compare to a single fan heatercore performance wise? my temps right now are wayyy crazy..

Abit IC7-G
Swiftech MCW5000 cpu block
Swiftech MCW50 gpu block
3.0 cpu @ 3.5
3/8" tubing..

and i idle at 65C and full load at 77C. that's WAYYY crazy. i'm not sure if my Abit board is reading temps wrong, or am i really that hot.. but i'm not comfy with that. so should i get an EVO240, BIX Extreme Dual, or should i just get the 2fresh dual heatercore?

There has to be something wrong there. There's no way your watercooling setup is running that hot if everything is set up right.
Regardless, get a dual heater core for good cooling performance. The 77 Bonneville w/ AC heater core works well.

Abit boards normally read hot, but not that hot. A dual heater core would help out some and I'd switch over to 1/2 tubing if you can. you didn't state what pump you're using, that could also be part of the problem. I would also check if the CPU block is seated correctly and if you have the thermal paste applied correctly, more is not better.

1/2" tube isn't going to make more than a .05c difference. The EVO is more restictive than the BIX, so if you have multiple blocks go with the BIX.

R1ckCa1n said:
1/2" tube isn't going to make more than a .05c difference. The EVO is more restictive than the BIX, so if you have multiple blocks go with the BIX.

please show us how you came to that number

what rad are you using currently? what pump ? got some pics?

not knowing what componets would be used, stating that changing from 3/8 to 1/2 is a .5c difference is a deceptive comment dont you think R1ckCa1n, care to elaborate?

Back