How do you.......

Changwang

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
86
Hi

I'm just wondering, how do you connect a PC to the TV. I intend to play a movie on my PC and go downstairs and watch it on a 48 inch HDTV.

I have a Geforce 6800 GT PCI express

Do i use the DVI out or the TIVO? What do i need to buy ? and is there any loss in quality over 50 feet of cabling?

Also would I need one of these?
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/PC-TV_GHV-1000.html

Thanks
 
One of the easiest ways would be through S-Video. Assuming you have S-Video on both your T.V. and your Videocard. Just use the S-Video cable that came in with your videocard (it should have been provided if you don't have it, my AGP PNY 6800 came with it).

About losing quality. I remember when I hooked up my old Compaq Laptop through S-video to view it on a big screen t.v. the texts looked awful (to me) but as far as the video is concerned, it wasn't that bad. Try it out, if you have S-Video In and Out (T.V. & Vidcard), then go for it.... Good luck!
 
try to look if your video card support of HDTV OUT?
my firend have the 6600 GT and he have a RGB VID OUT...
its must be better of your normal S VIDEO OUT...
 
I mean visible quality in loss?


I think im gonna pick up that thing I put a link for and buy some high quality cables.

What about audio? What do I do about that? I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS
 
There would definitely be noticeable quality loss over 50 feet of cabling, if the signal would even reach that far...
 
Back
Top