How do you test to see if your new card is working correctly

Zarich

Limp Gawd
I have my pcs+ 5850 installed. Ran driver cleaner in safe mode, installed the 10.5s. I have run furmark and it runs no issue, but no idea what score I should see. Ran vantage, no issue, but again no idea. gpuz seems to show everything correct, games look fine. I just have no idea if the card is running well. It seems to be, but is there some way to be sure?

run a benchmark. compare it to other benchmarks. make sure its not overheating. you already ran vantage and furmark. so seems like its all good.

You use it.

If you're so neurotic that even a 1-2% performance deficit compared to another 5850 will make you foam at the mouth, compare the GPU scores you get from Vantage with other people's.

is there a version of vantage that actually lets you compare? Cause I can't seem to find it without paying.

You use it.

If you're so neurotic that even a 1-2% performance deficit compared to another 5850 will make you foam at the mouth, compare the GPU scores you get from Vantage with other people's.

Within 5-10% I would say. RAM speed, CPU speed, mobo chipset, etc all play factors into overall GPU performance.

I did check the toms hardware most recent review of the 465 along with a few others. I got a vantage score of gpu15163, and toms got 14717. Others got around 15100 so it sounds like my card is working perfect. I gamed a lot last night with no issues. My only issue so far is grey screen when I oc the ram to 1225. and a red screen when I OC the ram to 1175. Think heat was the issue there. No issues at 1170 or below. So I got a good one I suspect.

Back