How do you store your discs?

LstBrunnenG

Supreme [H]ardness
My room is slowly being overrun by optical media. I've used several storage methods in the past but their numbers are growing and they are winning. The death blow came when the spindles of CD-Rs began showing up. Help meeeeeeeee....

I have two leather bound binders from our software with a bunch of pages to hold CDs on the front, and case inserts on the back. I use them.

the CD folders are pretty handy (i have a case logic one) but their cost can add up. Just get a couple huge ones of those, and all the others in spindles? how many CD's do you have?

I store most of my cds in a big Case Logic binder I bought on sale at Micro Center. Some are stored in slim jewel cases.

I use a couple of binders that I used to have for audio CDs until I just ripped them all to the hard drive and then stored them away. Most of the CDs I'm most likely to use are stored in them. Otherwise I just stick 'em in spindles and stack them off somewhere.

LstOfTheBrunnenG said:
Anyone use anything more advanced than a book or something?

I guess you could use a jukebox or something but I doubt that would be very cost effective. :D

Don't make me post pics of what I already use. It's two metal bars, with these two-sided sleeves made of plastic and a fabricy thing that hook into the bars. Each sleeve holds 2 discs.

you know the top of the cd spindle box? that circle plastic thing, i store my cds in that

I could see myself liking one of these actually - but I'd like bigger capacity than the 180 offered by the above

...paper / Tyvek sleeves from All Media Outlet and put them in old 5.25" floppy disk cases..... :cool: You can get a crapload of CD's in an old floppy disk case.... :D

Rock On - B.B.S.

My motherr-in-law sells cd's so I get cd binders for free.

I keep mine in opaque back jewel cases stored vertically in a box in a cool dark place.

But that's just for stuff I want to last. The junk gets kept in leftover spindles.

For games I keep them in their original cases and have them on my ikea media shelf. For burned discs I keep them in CD Binders. I have a few binders. I really like my Dreamcast Binder which is over 100 burned DC games on HQ Taiyo Yuden jet Black CDRs with text markings done by a Metalic Silver Sharpie marker :D

Other than that, just data backup and other crap I'd burn I just keep them in spindles which are taking over my deskspace which I'll have to relocate them soon. But for most parts in spindles which are the majority of my burns are just stuff to get rid of on my HDs to CDRs/DVDRs to free up some space.

pirateface said:
....on HQ Taiyo Yuden jet Black CDRs....
...off topic, but TY's are some of if not the best disks I've used. I buy "cheap" 80 min TY's in bulk and they've never let me down. They rock....

< end /threadcrap >

Cheers - B.B.S.

[thread crap reply to BBS]

Yes, TY discs are amazing. I hear that Kodak discs are the holy grail though, but they haven't been made for several years now.

Also, Fuji Japan discs are actually rebadged TYs, but I can only find them at Best Buy; every other store with Fuji CD-Rs only have CMC Fujis.

BillLeeLee said:
[thread crap reply to BBS]

Yes, TY discs are amazing. I hear that Kodak discs are the holy grail though, but they haven't been made for several years now.

Also, Fuji Japan discs are actually rebadged TYs, but I can only find them at Best Buy; every other store with Fuji CD-Rs only have CMC Fujis.
Mitsui or Mitsumi or someone has rights to the kodak discs now. I used to have a link you could order the gold discs from.

@emorphien : DON'T. Mitsui/MAM-E optical discs have gone down the crapper since the ownership changed hands. You're better off purchasing TY in bulk or even Ridata(Ritek) and Verbatim.

TechHead said:
@emorphien : DON'T. Mitsui/MAM-E optical discs have gone down the crapper since the ownership changed hands. You're better off purchasing TY in bulk or even Ridata(Ritek) and Verbatim.
Damn, that's too bad because the gold discs used to be the best.

I certainly have a stack of Verbatim, and the other two are good (TYs are nice) but the golds were the best. Too bad.

Back