How do you resize pictures?

Maybe you wanna check out Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0...It does that along with other stuff for a decent price...

What version of Windows are you using?

There is a Windows XP Power Toy that resizes pictures just by right clicking on them and choosing resize. It's for XP only though.

Originally posted by Puterguru
What version of Windows are you using?

There is a Windows XP Power Toy that resizes pictures just by right clicking on them and choosing resize. It's for XP only though.
i tried that once. i probably didn't look hard enough, but it didn't seem easy to just enter how many pixels wide you wanted it. you had to enter some ratio or screen size or something. again, i probably just didn't look hard enough

i dunno about the current versions but 5.0 is free of most of the "plug-in" junk that they sell as addons, i think there is a freeware version but it has adverts and wants you to log into a "message" server every like 30 days or 10 uses or something like that. its relatively painless but still might be an annoyance...

but anyway i think it is the greatest program since sliced bread when it comes to viewing pic files as well as very basic editing such as resizeing and rotation or any of the normal edit functions like emboss or negativize and such... its not super duper powerfull and you can't actually draw with it or anything but it does all of the major things that i want from photoshop and does them in a fifth of the steps.

Originally posted by tim
i tried that once. i probably didn't look hard enough, but it didn't seem easy to just enter how many pixels wide you wanted it. you had to enter some ratio or screen size or something. again, i probably just didn't look hard enough

There are presets when you hit resize
640x480
800x600
1024x768
And Custom which you can make whatever you want.

Originally posted by raptorman
i dunno about the current versions but 5.0 is free of most of the "plug-in" junk that they sell as addons, i think there is a freeware version but it has adverts and wants you to log into a "message" server every like 30 days or 10 uses or something like that. its relatively painless but still might be an annoyance...

but anyway i think it is the greatest program since sliced bread when it comes to viewing pic files as well as very basic editing such as resizeing and rotation or any of the normal edit functions like emboss or negativize and such... its not super duper powerfull and you can't actually draw with it or anything but it does all of the major things that i want from photoshop and does them in a fifth of the steps.

I concur here. I love ACDSEE. I use win2k so I get all the right click menu options and preview options and stuff that xp has without having to switch to xp. It's a picture viewer with small edit features, not an art program.

I second Irfanview. Very small, quick to load, easy to work with, free, no adds, no paid addons, no cluttered interface, it's all good. It's got plugins available for nigh on every format of image, movie, animation and sound format as well as being able to save in a veritanle plethora of image formats.

I also use IRFANVIEW since I make tons of wallpapers for Nextel phones and they need to be 130x125 pixels so I use that to be quick...

Back