How do you Pronounce?

• n-vid-eee-ah

Votes: 174 95.1%
  • knee-vid-eee-ah

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • ni-vid-eee-ah

Votes: 8 4.4%

• Total voters
Just like the 'not really sexy' voice pronounces it when you get the nvidia logo when starting up a game. So that's option 1 i guess.

I dont get it... where the hell are you getting Knee and Ni from? Its Nvidia not Nividia.

Yeah I'm not sure why this is a mystery. You hear the damn name during the intro to 99% of the games out there.....

I pronounce it the same way Nvidia does. If you pronounce it otherwise you have a speech impediment.

Just like the 'not really sexy' voice pronounces it when you get the nvidia logo when starting up a game. So that's option 1 i guess.

is that voice supposed to be sexy? Its really just more embarrassing than anything else...

get a new voice model guys, she sucks.

I was thinking someone already asked this, but I guess not.

I know there was a thread asking how to pronounce Asus, but I can't find it now.

How do you pronounce 8800 GTX?
How do you pronounce AVI and ISO?
How do you pronounce SLI?
How do you pronounce SATA?
How do you pronounce Lian Li?
How do you pronounce ID?
How do you pronounce Panaflo?

So old, they're archived:

How do you pronounce Thermaltake?
Pronunciation of ATI. This one has some Asus pronunciation discussion in it.

Here is my post from the above thread, it must've been the Asus thread one I was thinking about:
mentok1982 said:
Yes I got Asus, and GeForce correct.

It would be easier for all of us if these companies would advertise on TV, so we can hear them say their own names.

I have seen a few things on G4 TV like:

"Today's Lan Party is brought to you by N-Vidia."

And a Nvidia commercial disguised as a review by an objective organization.
It talked about how great Nvidia cards were and that they can't be beat and at the end of the "review" it said "paid for by Nvidia".

Asus is derived from "Pegasus" so make the "A" a long "A" and add "sus".

Ace Us.

Haha true but that's not recursive. If the A in ATI stood for "ATI" that would be recursive ;)

can you say OVERPRICED
how about SAMEOLDSAMEOLD

at least in the last 3 years that spelling is appropriate
and the pronunciation should roll off the tongue.

We are the knights who say "Ni Vidia". You will get us.... a shrubbery! It must be a good one and not too expensive.

Yeah, how is this even an issue? All the games always have that NVIDIA whisper in them.

N-VID-E-AH

It stands for: "we are owning your video processing dollars":D

I had a friend that would pronounce it N- vi - di -da with an extra syllable lol

Back