• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How do you organize your HDs?

CamaroRacing

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
104
The reason I ask this is I have Hitachi 80 GB SATA drive tomorrow to go along with my 40 GB drive in my P4 system. I am trying to think of a good way to store my data on each. I'm thinking I'll have the OS and some documents on the 40 GB, and my programs and downloads on the 80 GB.
 
i just recently reformatted one of my 160 gb drives.. i did .. 20gb winxp / 20 gb 2k3 server / 110 gb storage.. and then my other drive is 1 big partition..
 
10GB XP , 40GB Apps (Wish it was bigger) , 70GB Data , Separate 80GB Sata for DV work
 
i'd run off the 40gb and partition it as 10gb for windows, 2gb for cache and pagefile, and the rest as a partition for installing games etc..
the 80 as one big partition for storage
 
For the best performance, you're best off installing windows and your programs on the new drive, and using the old one for storage
 
Back
Top