For me, with prices of parts so high it's not even an option to build out a new system (nor do I need one), I've been gathering retro parts so I can do a complete build, but with a much lower price point with old parts. The build process is just as fun! And for less than the cost of a few new games, I'll build a retro rig and play some old ones, and old games on ebay are pennies on the dollar of new games. Gives me an opportunity to play through the games that got me into pc building in the first place with hardware that does them justice.
I've always dreamt of game detail getting to where it is finally getting to today, but I will never be able to justify the cost of a 5090 or pro 6000 just to play some games in super high detail. The last gpu I bought new was a 3090, and I thought $1500 was an insane msrp!
So I open it up to all of you, what do you guys do to keep having fun with computers? Replay old games? Push overclocks to the limit? Case modding? Look forward to more ideas.
I've always dreamt of game detail getting to where it is finally getting to today, but I will never be able to justify the cost of a 5090 or pro 6000 just to play some games in super high detail. The last gpu I bought new was a 3090, and I thought $1500 was an insane msrp!
So I open it up to all of you, what do you guys do to keep having fun with computers? Replay old games? Push overclocks to the limit? Case modding? Look forward to more ideas.