How do you guys carry your notebooks?

derfie

Weaksauce
just out of curiousity.. i'm looking to buy one of those neoprene sleeves or if anyone else has a better idea let me know. I'd buy a carrying case for my laptop but i like being able to just put my laptop in my backpack and heading off to class.

I carry mine in a Targus backpack. that lets me protect the computer decently while also having enough room to carry other things.

For a nifty sleeve, though, I keep drooling over the sleeves and bags at www.sfbags.com ... The large size bag would be great for plane trips and, if the color isn't too garish, double as a bag to carry the computer in when I'm in a suit. (Right now I strap the computer into a briefcase, but that isn't the best solution.)

I had an Ogio Brainbucket for my T42 and T41...it didn't fit the widescreen I have now. (although, the 05 model does0.

Otherwise, I use an Ogio Metro backpack. It could fit the Targus Bag i had before (the sport) inside it if I wanted to ;p)

I have one of the Targus XL bags, and love it. It holds my notebook, all the bits that accompany it, all of my books for a day of class, and my lunch. It helps that I also got it for $20 off because the store I bought it at had mistagged it :p :D

I use a north face bag (hot shot) with the laptop in a padded sleeve (booq) inside.

I haven't found any laptop designed bag that is a comfy as a traditional bag with ergonomic wide straps and chest + waist straps.

OutOfGum said:
I haven't found any laptop designed bag that is a comfy as a traditional bag with ergonomic wide straps and chest + waist straps.

i think i just found one.. i went with my g/f to pick up her paycheck(she works at a skate shop) and i was looking through the "DaKine" catalog and found this Dakine Backpack lucky enough they had it in stock. it's pretty comfy and it aint puffy when there's only a few books inside like those other backpacks.

OutOfGum said:
I use a north face bag (hot shot) with the laptop in a padded sleeve (booq) inside.

ditto... northface backpacks are teh popular around here in HS and college

using a free bag with my Asus laptop and free Kensington bag from newegg. Both work fine for me :D

I Was using a soft case for my laptop until I accidently banged it against my desk. I thought I heard something crack and it made me worry I might actually do damage next time. I looked on line and found an aluminum hard case that would fit a 17" widescreen. There are tons that will fat a 15.4" but finding an affordable one to fit the 17" took a while. I finally for a Vanguard Luxor 94C on Amazon. It was like $95 regular price on sale for $53 and it had free shipping. I got it yesterday and so far it looks like it's gonna work great. Of course it adds about five pounds and it doesn't store quite as well as the soft case, but those are things I'm willing to trade in order to protect the new laptop.

I use a small messenger bag type thing that's got a super-small compartment that's damn near made for my laptop (Latitude X1). Enough room for a book and a couple of notebooks (in addition to my laptop). Does the job quite nicely, I think.

Back