How do you get rid of windows firewalll

Hyper_Psycho

2[H]4U
This damn firewall that is intergrated into XP (both home and pro) is annoying the crap out me. I am trying to get both of my computers to get on the network so i can transfer my work but the firewall just keeps on getting enabled no matter how many times i disable it !

see computer specs in descripton

both are runnin SP1

1. open your local area connection
2. click on properties
3. then click on advanced
4. then the settings button under windows firewall
5. turn it off

Uhhh...Windows firewall was in Service Pack 2. If both your computers are only updated to Service Pack 1, you don't have it.

OH is correct...

SP1 HAS a firewall... but it isn't even enabled by default...

QJ

Or you can go into the "Exceptions" portion of the firewall and set it up to accept the network connection.

Hyper_Psycho said:
the firewall just keeps on getting enabled no matter how many times i disable it !
Right-click My Computer, and click Manage. Go down to Services and Applications, then into Services. Find the "Internet Connection Firewall (ICF)/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" service, right-click it, and click Properties. Then, in the drop-down box, choose Disabled. and then click Apply. Then, click Stop.

(The service is called "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" in SP2.)

kdheads said:
1. open your local area connection
2. click on properties
3. then click on advanced
4. then the settings button under windows firewall
5. turn it off

i did that every friggin time
its like auto enabled after a reset
really lame !

O[H]-Zone said:
Uhhh...Windows firewall was in Service Pack 2. If both your computers are only updated to Service Pack 1, you don't have it.

im gonna have to disagree with you here

QwertyJuan said:
OH is correct...

SP1 HAS a firewall... but it isn't even enabled by default...

QJ

i turn it off
but after every reset its turned on
soooo weird

rage4order said:
Or you can go into the "Exceptions" portion of the firewall and set it up to accept the network connection.

dont i need to specify a port ?

andrewhaji said:
Right-click My Computer, and click Manage. Go down to Services and Applications, then into Services. Find the "Internet Connection Firewall (ICF)/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" service, right-click it, and click Properties. Then, in the drop-down box, choose Disabled. and then click Apply. Then, click Stop.

(The service is called "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" in SP2.)

you = awesome !
hopefully this will work

Back