How do you find out why your PC wakes up?

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
Using a CMD with powercfg -lastwake shows nothing did it.

Windows Event Viewer has no Power-Troubleshooter event. There is a 6005 event that shows it came on at 12:17am.

Disabled wake on lan.

If it was the mouse or keyboard wouldn't the powercfg -lastwake command show this?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -waketimers
There are no active wake timers in the system.

I'm not sure if waketimers reports peripherals but I would unplug the mouse just to test. I've had a piece of fun dancing around the optical enough to trip it, if you have pets bumping it, etc.

Also check other USB devices. I remember a fun circle of having the pc go to sleep, then a usb hard drive going to sleep, waking the pc. If I recall 100%. That and failing USB hubs disconnecting then reconnecting.

I know that having any sort of controller connected to my PC would wake it up. The triggers are so damn sensitive that it was registering as a button press just by the weight of the controller pressing them against the desktop.

I ended up just disabling every device other than the power button for the PC to wake up from sleep.

Had the same problem and traced it to my mouse -- Razer Viper V2 Pro, but only when charging. Odd reason for my computer to wake up. Now, I just turn off the mouse before charging overnight.

It only happens randomly so it's hard to track down. It seems like there should be a way to see what turned on your PC but the event log can only show when and the powercfg -lastwake & powercfg -waketimers commands act like nothing happened. I have WOL disabled and no charging devices. ???

Back