How do you erase old Firefox profiles ?

Mindoculus

Limp Gawd
complete, thorough, absolutely nothing left type-of-erase ?

i've failed to do this, having re-installed firefox over itself twice, without eliminating previous
profiles.

i've saved the bookmarks file. all i need to learn how to do is destroy all vestiges of older firefox profiles. this may be why version 1.0 never worked properly.

c:\documents and settings\username\application data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\

I'm pretty sure it's there. You may have one in c:\documents and settings\username\application data\Firefox, but if you don't have a Firefox directory directly under application data, you're good.

Delete that xxxxxxxx.default directory, then start up Firefox again.

You may have a few profiles in there.

feigned said:
c:\documents and settings\username\application data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\

I'm pretty sure it's there. You may have one in c:\documents and settings\username\application data\Firefox, but if you don't have a Firefox directory directly under application data, you're good.

Delete that xxxxxxxx.default directory, then start up Firefox again.

You may have a few profiles in there.

thanks.

i checked under application data, and, much to my disappointment, its not there.
you may think this is wonderful - not having firefox folder under there - but it would
have been so much easier a problem to solve if all it took was to delete one file.

the last time i checked, scoured, and scrubbed clean my system of all firefox files,
i ended up with a buggy 1.0, which i attributed to some nasty unknown vestige that
had compromised stability.

i'll run through your recommended steps, and see what happens. ofcourse, i'll
scrub clean everything and anything 'firefox', except for the html file.

thanks again for your assistance.

Start Firefox with the command line -p. That brings up the profile manager. Delete away.

Back