How do you delete a post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwphysics

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
1,906
Sorry I looked everywhere even did a search and cannot find how to delete a post.

There is a little button where you edit and it says "edit/delete" but only lets me edit my posts aka no way i can see of deleting them.

THanks in advance for the help and sorry if this has already been answered a million times. :confused:
 
I think you have a very limited time to delete the post you just made, and then the option goes away. Testing that with this post. Also, some of the forums (particularly the Front Page News forum) have no editing options at all.

Edit: nope, guess deleting posts is disabled. I seem to recall successfully deleting one of my posts years ago but I could be wrong. In the forum that you posted in, at the bottom of the page you'll see the mods listed for that forum, and you can send PMs to them asking to delete.
 
Last edited:
Members can't delete posts at all, but they can edit content out. What evilsofa is probably referring to is the the time-limited edit of the thread title. If you have a problem with a thread or post, contact a forum mod and they will assist you.
 
Ok thanks for the replies guys I will lock this thread since my question has been answered!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top