Plague_Injected
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Oct 6, 2008
- Messages
- 6,621
...sound going in and out of one of your headphone speakers?
I bought a cheap Logitech headset w/mic a few weeks ago, and sound in the right ear is already dipping in and out. Moving the cord where it meets the remote (for volume control) makes it do this, so I can usually get it to come back properly...but it is very annoying.
It's obvious to me that it's an issue with the cord and not the actual speaker...but I have had this happen to me with various headphones and earphones, and once the issue arises it's not long before they become completely useless.
So! Is this mainly an issue with cheap earphones/headphones? I'd be very hesitant to sink good money into a good pair if this can happen so early into its life. Is there any way to prevent and fix the problem?
I bought a cheap Logitech headset w/mic a few weeks ago, and sound in the right ear is already dipping in and out. Moving the cord where it meets the remote (for volume control) makes it do this, so I can usually get it to come back properly...but it is very annoying.
It's obvious to me that it's an issue with the cord and not the actual speaker...but I have had this happen to me with various headphones and earphones, and once the issue arises it's not long before they become completely useless.
So! Is this mainly an issue with cheap earphones/headphones? I'd be very hesitant to sink good money into a good pair if this can happen so early into its life. Is there any way to prevent and fix the problem?