- Joined
- Sep 29, 2001
- Messages
- 21,854
The way the processors are now, it is very hard to figure out which chip to go with.
I am going to upgrade one of my machines to a PCI-Express setup and will probably go with an intel chip but I am not sure which one to choose.
The machine I am upgrading is the main one in my sig, going to trade up the 7800GS to a 7900GT and put the mobo/proc into another case and use the 2gigs of memory in the new build.
I was looking at teh Presler chips and there are like 4 or 5 of them to choose from from $180 or so to over $1000.
I am looking to only spend $350 for the proc and mobo and I want the best for that money (The video editor machine in my sig is being sold for $350, so that is where that dollar amount is coming from)
thanks
I am going to upgrade one of my machines to a PCI-Express setup and will probably go with an intel chip but I am not sure which one to choose.
The machine I am upgrading is the main one in my sig, going to trade up the 7800GS to a 7900GT and put the mobo/proc into another case and use the 2gigs of memory in the new build.
I was looking at teh Presler chips and there are like 4 or 5 of them to choose from from $180 or so to over $1000.
I am looking to only spend $350 for the proc and mobo and I want the best for that money (The video editor machine in my sig is being sold for $350, so that is where that dollar amount is coming from)
thanks