How Do You Attach Probes?

Texxxxx

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
67
Is there an alternative tape to use when attaching probes to anything inside your case? I can't find any of the thermal tape locally, and it doesn't seem to be that available online either, which leads me to believe you hardocp'ers have probably figured other ways to attach thermal probes to heatsinks, hdd, nb, sb and so on. Any ideas would be apprciated.-thx
 
Electrical tape would work well, but I have had problems with things falling off if the wire is under any sort of tension. What works well is a type of tape that...I cant remember the name of but its basically a re-enforced packing tape basically, but its really narrow, almost the size of electrical tape, it holds REALLY well. You could even use duct tape if you were desperate...
 
I use adhesive thin copper sheet tape, you could also use aluminum duct tape (not the normal grey duct tape, this is real aluminum) from home depot. I like those tapes because i think they are more accuate.

did a quick search and found this at some craft site
link
 
Thx, guys...good suggestions...well, mostly good (piggy!). I'll be going down to the local hobby stores and Home Depot during the week.
 
1.5mil thick by 3/8" wide adhesive backed copper foil. I get it from a local stained glass supply store for about $7.00 per 100ft roll.
 
I also use the aluminum gutter/vent repair tape... Usually sold right beside the gutters AND/OR venting accessories at any hardware store...
 
Back
Top