How do my i5 750 overclock specs look?

Robert_J

Limp Gawd
Im using an msi gd65 board

the i5 is at 3.8 right now

vcore: 1.350 (failed intel burn test at 1.325)
vtt:1.3
ram voltage: 1.65 (stock)
memory: 8 8 8 24 1450mhz

I passed 5 runs of intel burn test at these settings and the cpu never went over 80c

Im going to run prime95 overnight.

Let me know if vtt is too high for an overclock like this.

Thanks!

Well, shortly after Lynnfield release maximum permissible VTT for these chips was said to be 1.21v. Later on, Intel changed that value to 1.4v. Personally, I`ve been running mine i5 750`s VTT at ~1.27v for 2 years now without any single issue, so I suppose you should be fine. Furthermore, I`ve seen many people on various forums running their VTT`s at 1.3v+, especially near 4GHz.

Last edited:
just looked at my i5-750 3.99ghz o/c that ive had since 2/2010 and my specs are as follows:

vcore - 1.34375
vtt - 1.25
cpu pll - 1.960
ram - 1.64v at ddr 1900

op, pretty sure that o/c looks good but 80c is pretty high. what kind of cooling do you have? id try to get those temps lower if you can. under 70c would be a good goal and would probably help your o/c.

thanks guys, well I ran prime95 overnight and it had zero errors!

Im happy with this because I was able to keep my memory clocked high too this time around

ill be doing some more tinkering but i think I have my specs set for 24/7 now

Thanks for the info on the VTT, I stopped at 3.6 because of the 1.2v limit they were talking about at the beginning. I'll try to see if I can go higher this weekend, hoping for 4 Ghz stable by the time my RMA 6950 arrives to play some BF3.

Yeah its a real pain. I must have purchased a buggy cpu...

I honestly just dont know how with my massive prolimitech megahalem cpu cooler with two push/pull fans on it, that my voltages have to be so high and that 4.0 has been a three year struggle to reach with still no success.

I wish I could have a 'pro' overclock my system lol

Back