how do I utilize a second power supply to test something?

Notigg

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 21, 2011
Messages
109
hey I have a question... I have an asus xonar essence audio card that needs a power input from the power supply for the built in amplifier... the thing is whenever I try to install the driver for the card it says "please plug in asus xonar essence audio device" . I have a suspicion that it is not getting enough power or the right power or something... I have a second power supply here that I just unwrapped which is an antec 1200 watt high output. How do I plug in one of the lines from the antec and plug it into the soundcard? I can't get the power supply to "boot up"
 
why not switch them out as said?

did you connect the proper cable to it?

what is your current PSU?

you can short the green cable to ANY black cable in the 20/24 pin connector to turn it on.
 
i've already spent hours trying to figure out why my audio card won't work. This is the second one.. I thought the first one was a dud. but what are the chances that two are duds?

it's hell and I don't have lots of free time
 
my current PSU is a antec signature series 850 watt.

I just installed two Gtx 580's so I had to take out my asus xonar stx (The pciE card) and buy a regular PCI asus xonar ST. now I can't get this PCI card to work. I tried everything... I tried taking out one of the GTX 580's... and I tried it in both of my two PCI slots. I know the pci slot I have it in now was working because I had a wireless card in it. This is a fresh install of windows 7. Trouble shooting this problem is hard... I am going to have to find another computer to stick this card in.
 
What motherboard are you using? Have you checked bios settings? did you uninstall the previous driver?
 
It is a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit. My bios has also been flashed up to date......

I am using the asus p6T x58 socket 1366 motherboard
 
I will check it out tomorrow... thanks for the help. The thing is though I don't even think I see it listed in my device manager... and I have a feeling it has to do with the power supply lead but maybe not. I can't say for sure. I will also try the Power supply trick tomorrow. I'll do whatever it takes to make it work.
 
maybe you did this already, but did you disable your on-board sound in the motherboard's BIOS?
 
Back
Top