How do I update Perc 5/i drivers!!!

Carlitos714

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
1,028
I have the card on an EVGA x58 sli with windows 7 64-bit.

I cant seem to install the drivers! I though win 7 would install the drives automatically?

I also tried to install the card on server 2008 r2 and still get the same thing.

On windows 7 the card tried to install the drives but it shows the yellow exclamation point.

Can anyone guide me how to install the drives.

Or should i just flash the card with LSI firmware.

The card has the latest dell firmware btw.

Thank you
 
*
I think that is exactly the same problem with an old CERC Megaraid i4 card

DELL not support new OS after WIN2003

Look if you can find firmware to LSILogic site ( i think not the same as DELL firmware )

If you find after look also for the drivers to LSILogic site

I have found this solution with an old CERC ATA 100/4R (can use 8 * IDE harddisks )

At this time i can use / boot Raid mounted with this very old card with Seven 64 bits !!

Pierre

my infos in this post :

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601764
 
*
I think that is exactly the same problem with an old CERC Megaraid i4 card

DELL not support new OS after WIN2003

Look if you can find firmware to LSILogic site ( i think not the same as DELL firmware )

If you find after look also for the drivers to LSILogic site

I have found this solution with an old CERC ATA 100/4R (can use 8 * IDE harddisks )

At this time i can use / boot Raid mounted with this very old card with Seven 64 bits !!

Pierre

my infos in this post :

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601764


did you install it through computer manager? did you let windows try to install it first and then update the drives or did you do a add legacy hardware?
 
i had my perc 5/i runnin with 2008r2 on my earlier fileserver. Iirc I had lsis drivers installed since i also used lsis firmware
 
how did you install the LSI firmware?

Check that overclock.net tut. There's all you need to know about flashin that card with lsis firmware.

Lsis drivers can be found under megasas 8480e from lsis dl pages.
 
Back
Top