How do I transfer files from an XP to Vista64 machine ?

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I want to copy over my WoW game from my second computer running WindowsXPpro to my new Vista64 build......I tried to install the game twice off the cd's and both times an error came up, once with the User security settings thing screwing it up, and now on the third disc saying it is scratched and couldnt read a file ?

Anyways in Vista64 I go to "Network" and see the second computer "Lily" in there which sits five feet away from me, then I go to click on it and it ask's me for the User name and password, which I forgot :rolleyes: So how do I go into my WinXP system and look up the name, I set it up last year and have no frigging clue what it was again......Thank's

I installed the Windows Easy Transfer on the XPpro system, did some research and found out Vista64-Ultimate has it standard......So I set it up, and just go to my XP computer to trasnfer the WoW folder ONLY, but it does the whole F;drive which I didnt want, so like 30 minutes later I get back to my Vista64 system, and it looks just like the XP machine same desktop picture and everything :eek: I was freaking out thinking I just changed my Vista64 into an XP

So I realize it was just a few settings needed to be changed and I am back in good old Vista64 :)......So I click on WoW, it goes to the launch screen, and the login, I type my name/password and right away it says it can not connect, no waiting or anything, just like in an instant says no connection ?......So I check the "repair" icon in WoW directory, and it does some checking, and it says files are corrupted and need repair......It start's to download new files then another error report says files needed to be fixed/repaired are way too large, need to reinstall the game......But I tried twice to install the game and both times comes up with an error, but never before under my XP or Win2k system did it have a problem ?

right click the wow executable and try using compatibility mode for xp sp2. You can also try right clicking on the wow shortcut and hit run as administrator...

on the xp machine simply allowing easy sharing, or if you would like disable simple sharing and provide a username (you create one in xp first) to the allowed security section. done, personally i just use simple sharing and it works.

Back