how do i stop IE widnows from popping up while gaming?

Dr_Chanesaw

Limp Gawd
i have these anoying IE spyware windows popping up every once in a while even when i'm not using Internet Expolorer. Especially anoying when i'm playing an online game and it takes me forever to switch back to the game.. anything that i can do about it?

Dr_Chanesaw said:
i have these anoying IE spyware windows
You answered your own question. If you're infected with spyware, remove it.

*edit: I meant remove the spyware.

mojavewolfpup said:
I use IE and don't get spyware.

Have you actually checked? I can pretty much guarentee that if you have not secured the browser (no matter what you use), you have some kind of spyware.

protias said:
Have you actually checked? I can pretty much guarentee that if you have not secured the browser (no matter what you use), you have some kind of spyware.
I've checked... all that ever gets found is tracking cookies which I don't really see as spyware. Doesn't firefox also use cookies?

To the OP - clean up your damn machine. You might want to visit windowsupdate as well, and run a virus scan like trend housecall.

IanG said:
I've checked... all that ever gets found is tracking cookies which I don't really see as spyware. Doesn't firefox also use cookies?

To the OP - clean up your damn machine. You might want to visit windowsupdate as well, and run a virus scan like trend housecall.

Yes FireFox uses cookies, but at least with add-ons you can stop a lot more spyware than with IE.

Gambit said:
also look toward turning off your Messenger service

If you have XP SP2, that service is already killed.

Back