How do I setup dual display?

Gary King

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
313
I have 2 LCDs; I want to setup dual display with the two, with one desktop PC. The graphics card is GeForce FX 5200, and I am about 95% sure that it supports dual display.

So, how do I get it working? What do I need to do? Is there a guide?

Thanks in advance! :) :D

P.S.

Do I need 2 video cards for 2 monitors?
 
To install additional monitors

You must first install the compatible video adapter hardware, and connect the additional monitors.

1.
Turn on your computer. Windows XP will detect the new video adapter hardware and install the appropriate drivers.

2.
Open Display in Control Panel. (Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.)

3.
On the Settings tab, click the monitor icon that represents the monitor you want to use in addition to your primary monitor.

4.
Select the Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor check box, and then click Apply or OK. This allows you to drag items across your screen onto alternate monitors.

5.
If the check box is not displayed on your computer, it may be because your video adapter does not support multiple monitors.
 
Gary King said:
I have 2 LCDs; I want to setup dual display with the two, with one desktop PC. The graphics card is GeForce FX 5200, and I am about 95% sure that it supports dual display.

So, how do I get it working? What do I need to do? Is there a guide?

Thanks in advance! :) :D

P.S.

Do I need 2 video cards for 2 monitors?


You don't need 2 video cards if your graphic card is "dual-head". It is dual head if it has two video outputs on the back of the card. If so, just hook one monitor up to each output and you'll be good to go hardware wise.

If not, you'll need to put a cheap PCI graphics card in the FIRST PCI slot (the one closest to the AGP slot), any other slot and it most likely will not work.
 
I posted a little about this back in December. Click HERE to see how to set up different images on each display.
 
Back
Top