How do I seed on a torrent?

jfespinoza

Weaksauce
I am using Ares as a torrent downloader and I am using Demonoid.com of course as my torrent search. I have some files I want to post on demonoid but I don't know how to seed them.

I am using Ares as a torrent downloader and I am using Demonoid.com of course as my torrent search. I have some files I want to post on demonoid but I don't know how to seed them.

In theory all you need to do is create your .torrent file, double click on it so it opens up in ares, and let ares do it's thing. If you posted the .torrent file somewhere and someone clicks on it you would be begin to seed automatically.

Seeding only works when people download.

im sure posting in "General Software" would've also given you an answer. sometimes you're not sure where to post things, and that's understandable, but c'mon now

(15) Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).

;)

(15) Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).

;)

Hey now.. maybe he is distro'n an open source program he created or a patch to a videogame he made. Damn pessimists.. :cool:

Hey now.. maybe he is distro'n an open source program he created or a patch to a videogame he made. Damn pessimists.. :cool:
Perhaps, but these forums do not look kindly on this type of talk. Just a bit of FYI :)

Nothing wrong with seeding torrents.
It's what you seed that can be an issue.
But I see nothing about that here.
Seed away please. Usually the forums for sites like that have instructions on the tracker to upload your seeds, might want to check that out.

Nothing wrong with seeding torrents.
It's what you seed that can be an issue.
But I see nothing about that here.
Seed away please. Usually the forums for sites like that have instructions on the tracker to upload your seeds, might want to check that out.
Ok, I just wanted some clarification so I don't report things that may pertain to pirating but do not actually speak of it.

Thanks odoe

Man I love this site. you just bring up the word torrent @ pcgamer's forum and your post gets locked up.

Back