How do I repair Anywhere Access on WSE 2012 after Live.Com password change

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
Late yesterday, my Microsoft Live.com account got hacked - the first time an account of mine has been hacked in 20 years. Fortunately Microsoft sent me an email, and I recovered the account and changed the password.

But my WSE 2012 box uses that account for registering the domain for Anywhere Access and threw up an error. When I try to repair Anywhere Access to enter the updated password, I get an error 'The password for your domain name service provider user account is not correct', and when I click on 'Retype my password' and enter my credentials in the box titled 'Domain Name Credentials', I get an error with the text 'Your user name or password is not valid. Retype your user name and password'. Naturally, retyping them makes no difference.

I have rebooted the server - there was an update pending. The router, a Draytek 2600 series, forwards port 443 and the RDP port to the server. I have checked the state of the Caps Lock. I've tried RDPing to the server and using the dashboard there with the same result. I've tried using my Outlook.com alias.

I've checked the MS KB e.g. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj635096.aspx and checked for help via Google, all without success.

I had hoped this was just a replication issue and it would be fine in the morning, but that has not transpired.

How can I fix it?

Back