How do I remove these files?

the big guy

Limp Gawd
Shelltit.dll and titcfg.dll from Panda Antivirus 2004. I tried safe mode and they are loaded and in use then too. I am having issues with McAfee getting on my system correctly because it senses another antivirus program running. And please, let's not turn this into a AVG thread or whatever the newest greatest free AV program is. All I want to do is get the remnants of this stupid program off of my computer.

PS--added bonus if you can tell me how to get the <scan with Panda Antivirus> off of my right click menu. Drives me batty :)

Did you run the un-installer? If you did and things got left behind you may have to kill a couple of services before you can delete those files manually. Run msconfig and see what is listed under the startup tab. You might have to Google some of the entries to figure out which ones are for Panda then go to that reg key and delete them. Looks like Panda anti-virus is still crap. I tried it years ago and had the same problems you did. Seems they don't ever want you to un-install it. Mine was a free trial so they wouldn't answer any of my e-mails asking for help.:rolleyes:

I would try removal from the recovery console. You may also want to try a registry cleaner to see if there is remnants of it in there too.

Check out Autoruns or Process Explorer from Microsoft (previously Sysinternals). From what I recall one of them will allow you to disable to DLL from being put into memory on boot or remove the DLL from memory there by allowing you to delete it.

As for the context menu, check out: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shell_menu_view.html

If you just want to delete them, go get the magic wand unlocker thingie

Did you run the un-installer? If you did and things got left behind you may have to kill a couple of services before you can delete those files manually. Run msconfig and see what is listed under the startup tab. You might have to Google some of the entries to figure out which ones are for Panda then go to that reg key and delete them. Looks like Panda anti-virus is still crap. I tried it years ago and had the same problems you did. Seems they don't ever want you to un-install it. Mine was a free trial so they wouldn't answer any of my e-mails asking for help.:rolleyes:

Sorry to say, I more then likely removed the program manually in the past, there is no uninstaller and add/remove programs shows Panda but doesn't do anything with it.
I will edit with what else I have used/done in a minute, let me get back on that computer.

OK--I have tried to delete the files in safe mode, I tried using Wise Registry Cleaner 4 to remove them, I looked in MSConfig and I see nothing that is related to Panda or I can't explain as normal. I am a bit frustrated with this POS program.

Last edited:
HAHA success. Hijack This and it's misc tools with delete file on reboot has solved both of my problems. I hate Panda Antivirus.
I hate Panda Antivirus.
I want this post to appear whenever someone google searches Panda, so they can know how much I hate it,

I hear you, its pretty sad when your anti-virus behaves like the very thing its supposed to protect you from. :(

Back