• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How do I remove/merge unallocated space?

Vasha

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
67
Hey I made a partition and deleted it instead of merging it back. So now I have this unallocated space. And I was wondering how to fix it. I tried the msft drive manger and that didnt help. Any other suggestions? Oh and I also tried with partition managers.
 
I use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009, a suite of tools with rich partition-management features combined with partition image backup/restore. Easy to use and reliable.

Paragon has other disk-management apps, as does Acronis.

There are free partition-management apps as well, but I haven't used them.

Hope this helps!
 
Try gparted. It lets me do just about anything to any of my drives/partitions. Its indispensable for me when dealing with drive partition work.
 
Oh. Well that wont work. This is what was a partition and now unallocated space.
 
I use diskpart (just open up the command prompt and run it from there). It's built into Windows.
 
I'd 2nd the Gparted suggestion, I use it to copy and merge partitions. the only problem is when you resize partitions there is a limit the size of each resize operation if the drive is very fragmented or has a big pagefile on it as talked about here :http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=1396

Otherwise it has worked for me very well and I even use it to make partition backups if I'm messing about that way if I screw up something, I copy my partition back and I'm back im working order.

It even works with my adaptec external firewire enclosure.
 
Back
Top