How do I receive OTA HD broadcasts on a tv without ATSC tuner?

MATTRESS

Gawd
I have a Panasonic CT34WX15 TV ... it's a widescreen high-def tube. Unfortunatly, it doesn't come equipped with an ATSC tuner, so I can't just pick up a high-def antenna and pick up the OTA channels.

I've heard of external tuner boxes, but have no idea what they are called, or how to ask for them, or where to look for them, or who carries them, etc.

I'm assuming they are going to be fairly expensive, and probably not-so-friendly/easy to use...

so I also have another option.

I bought a 3 year service plan with my TV, so I might wait it out and see if it survives the 3 years ... and well, if it doesn't survive 3 years... the vender doesn't carry the tv anymore... so it can't be replaced with the same model... so I'll be able to pick out a new tv worth the same I paid for a 3 year old tube.. which would probably put me in a plasma :cool: and then just get a high def antenna then...

Thanks for the info !

MATTRESS said:
I've heard of external tuner boxes, but have no idea what they are called, or how to ask for them, or where to look for them, or who carries them, etc.

I'm assuming they are going to be fairly expensive, and probably not-so-friendly/easy to use...

Why would they be hard to use?

Search for HD tuner, ATSC Tuner, and the like on Ebay, there ar eplenty of cheap options available. Or go to Radio Shack, BEst Buy, Circuit City, etc and check them out. Plenty of places carry them.

Back