How do I play the Radio through my Computer?

Starguard

Limp Gawd
I have an eMachines desktop running windows XP. Is there any way possible I can listen to radio music on it? :confused:

Please instruct or advise.

You could buy an FM tuner card, or possibly a TV tuner card, I think they usually throw in radio tuners for good measure.
Alternatively, find a webcast. Our local national broadcaster has a wonderful selection of streams, shame about the music selection. You might not have the same luck with whatever radio stations you listen to, but check their homepages.

Or you could use a normal radio, use its line out port and run it into the line in on your sound card. Or you could just find one of the thousands of streaming radio stations out there and find your music genre.

That_Sound_Guy said:
Or you could use a normal radio, use its line out port and run it into the line in on your sound card. Or you could just find one of the thousands of streaming radio stations out there and find your music genre.

That's what I do. I have a stereo reciever hooked up to my computer.

James24 said:
That's what I do. I have a stereo reciever hooked up to my computer.

I used to have my second computer connectet to the first one like that, so I could change the music (or webcast) without leaving whatever I was doing. Sort of useful.

Hunt, where in Norway are you from?

OP: Streaming radio is kinda cool and a very good alternative to buying a tuner or connecting the radio to your computer.

An alternative to a FM tuner card is to check the radio stations website and look for a listen live button. They are usually .asx's and can be streamed using Windows Media Player.

Back