How do i move games to the hdd on 360?

Bugster

2[H]4U
I just got an Xbox 360 Elite, and read around that this is legal to do, and it prevents the dvd drive from spinning and seeking (so god damn loud!). I cant seem to find out how to copy my games on the the hdd though, only guides on how to copy from hard drive to hard drive.

Can someone show me how, or a link somewhere?

Load the disk into your Xbox 360 console and go to your Xbox 360 console

Scroll down to My Xbox

Scroll across to Game Library and hit the A button

This should put you on the Recent Games window and your game should be highlighted, so you should just need to hit the A button. Otherwise, scroll to the Recent Games window and choose the game.

On the game screen, choose Install to Hard Drive. This process should take a few minutes, but once it is complete, you'll be able to enjoy improved performance.

:p

Notably, you still need the disc in the drive to play the game, even installed to the hard drive.

still need the disc in drive, not too much faster loading times i would say but it is so much quieter.

The process of installing to the hard drive is alot harder than it should be. You have to have played the game once before it'll let you install (at least using the only method I know). Then follow tuaarita's steps.

As for loading speed, the speed gained depends on the game. Some games have only minor loading time gains, others have the loading time cut in half.

The process of installing to the hard drive is alot harder than it should be. You have to have played the game once before it'll let you install (at least using the only method I know). Then follow tuaarita's steps.

As for loading speed, the speed gained depends on the game. Some games have only minor loading time gains, others have the loading time cut in half.

x2

not only loading times, but also content streaming and general performance seems to go up as well.

Fable 2 performance jumped a lot after installing it to the HDD. AFAIR, GTA4 was a decent example as well (eliminated a lot of the texture pop-in)

It's not hard and you don't need to play the game first.

Put game in the drive.
Go to "My Xbox"
On the very first screen (Shows a pic of what game is in the drive) Hit Y and select "Install to HDD".

Simple;):)

Easier way than what the second poster stated is just hit the Y button when the game disc screen is highlighted and hit the button to install to HDD. There is no need to go to the "recent games window".

Incorrect. You can install any game by simply going to the My Xbox channel, then when hovering over the game icon, hit Y to go into game details and select Install Game to HDD. You do not have to go into the Games Library to install games.

Incorrect. You can install any game by simply going to the My Xbox channel, then when hovering over the game icon, hit Y to go into game details and select Install Game to HDD. You do not have to go into the Games Library to install games.

What he said. It's funny that people have thought you have to play the game first :D

Unfortunately, not all games will install. The list is not huge but there are still some there. Crackdown will not install for some reason. Considering how much it streams it would be nice to not use the drive all that much. Halo 3 says to not install but you can. Never tried though since I dont play Halo.

+1

This is exactly what I do.

It's not hard and you don't need to play the game first.

Put game in the drive.
Go to "My Xbox"
On the very first screen (Shows a pic of what game is in the drive) Hit Y and select "Install to HDD".

Simple;):)

See, this is why I join forums. I didn't know you could do that :p

Unfortunately, not all games will install. The list is not huge but there are still some there. Crackdown will not install for some reason. Considering how much it streams it would be nice to not use the drive all that much. Halo 3 says to not install but you can. Never tried though since I dont play Halo.

Crackdown was patched recently so that you can install it to the HDD. It's been within the past 2 months or so...good to see they're so...timely. Halo 3 supposedly runs slower when installed.

Every one of my games have installed just fine. In addition to the Crackdown patch for install, you can also buy and download Crackdown from Games on Demand over Xbox Live. NO DISC needed :)

Back