How do I migrate Vista partition from dual boot to Vista only?

RESTfulADI

2[H]4U
Ok so I have been dual booting XP and Vista for almost a year and finally I have Vista running just the way I want and everything works as good as XP including refresh rates (Forceware 174.16 kick ass!).

I want to take my Vista partition which is on the end of my Raptor, get rid of the XP partition, make a single partition that uses the whole drive, and put all the data in my Vista partition in it. Is this possible? I really do not want to reinstall because this Vista installation is running perfectly and I have everything set up just right (CRT refresh rates are a nightmare I tell you). I have Acronis True Image and a second hard drive where I could make an image of my Vista partition but I'm not quite sure how to do it and how to restore the image once I format the Raptor.

Use partition magic. Delete the xp partition and then combine both of the partitions into one.

I thought of that but Partition Magic doesn't work right in XP x64 and is not supported in Vista. Any other ideas?

Hmmm im not sure then. There should be other programs like partition magic out there. Cant vista do this by itself

Back