How do I make backup copies of games I own.

AMDXP

2[H]4U
Ok, first I will explain myself so you don't think I'm pirating or whatever. I recently aquired a laptop and well will be taking it with me and I wonder how I can make backup copies of games I own (I don't want them getting lost or barrowed and not returned), Ive tried before but I get errors or it ask for the orginal cd when I use the backup copy.....

I have the orginal and when I insert that, the game runs fine..... :rolleyes:

If this isnt appropriate mods you may close it but help would be much appreciated

:(.

use nero makea iso of it and then use deamon to play it whenever u want

Daemon
Nero

Nero creates an image of the disc (a copy of everything on the disc) and puts it on your hard drive. Daemon then has the game read the ISO like it is the disc so you can play it without the disc. Well..something like that anyway.

I too take my laptop to and from work each day, and with the 1 hr. commute I'd love to play a game or two, but don't want to carry with me all my favorite game cd's. This would be cool to be able to play them w/o having to have the cd's.

Thanks again.

Is there any free game cloner / copier that will work?

So I can put it on a cs, that daemon tool confuses me.....

my free trial on that ran out a long time ago lol :rolleyes: would a major store like compusa or bestbuy carry it?

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
Is there any free game cloner / copier that will work?

So I can put it on a cs, that daemon tool confuses me.....
How does daemon tools confuse you? It couldn't possibly be easier.
Use nero or whatever to rip the CD into an .nrg or whatever image file format you choose (in nero, use the image recorder instead of your physical burner to generate that image file)

Right click on the daemontools icon in your system tray, choose 'Virtual CD\DVD Rom' , then Device 0, then find that image file and mount it. It will then show up as an extra drive in Explorer to run off of. The 'Emulation' menu controls SD and other copy protection emulation. You could have gotten all this information from the readme...good thing i'm too nice to say RTFM :rolleyes:

Back