• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How do I LIMIT my fps with CCC?

c3k

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
2,331
Folks,

One rig has a GTX670. I've limited the fps to 1/2 of the screen refresh rate. It's a setting in the Nvidia control panel. This setting (for one game) has made the visuals FAR better. Having a -steady- fps makes this game look very smooth. Previously, my fps could be in the 200+ range, down to 20, depending on the load. Setting it to 30fps has been a godsend.

I have 2 AMD rigs. I cannot find a similar setting in CCC. Am I missing something obvious? I would like this to be application specific (just like I can do w/Nvidia).

Thanks,

Ken

PS I'm curious about this now, because I'm going to replace my HD6850 with a Tonga (I think) or, if that's too weak sauce, with an R9 290. My HD6870 will get a hand-me-down GTX670. The GTX670 will be replaced with an upcoming 8xx series. The balance of 2:1 AMD:NVidia will shift to 1:2. Or not... Tonga may surprise me; 8xx may disappoint. I may go Tonga AND R9 290. Finding a resolution to this inside CCC would help me decide.
 
i don't know if CCC has that capability, but I personally use msi afterburner + riva statistics server. I set my fps cap to 58 and enable vysnc for tear free, lag less gaming.
 
Thanks. I'd totally forgotten about Radeon Pro.

I'll give it a shot...

Ken
 
There's a frame limiter in Afterburner. That's what Ive used in the past.:D
 
I use Afterburner & RTSS to set a frame cap. I used to use radeonpro until the Dev jumped ship.
 
He has not jumped ship, he got a job, and RP is still fully functional.
 
He has not jumped ship, he got a job, and RP is still fully functional.

I understand that it is still functional. The long promised remake has been put on hold indefinitely, and I doubt that Mantle support will be coming when AMD releases the SDK.
 
AMD should really just buy RadeonPro now that it's abandoned.
They could integrate it pretty well into the CCC interface under some kind of "Advanced" menu. I've only used CCC a handful of times in the last 8 years I barely know what it's capable of anymore. The guy works for Raptr now, maybe they own it already.

Even if/when I switch to Nvidia, I'll probably still continue using RadeonPro.
Nothing is better than ATT though. I'd sell my left nut to get Ray out of his coma.
 
I have a laptop with a a6 integrated graphics it does OK at 720p with AAA games I have to limit skyrim and tomb raider (2013) to 32 fps for smooth game play using riva tuner through precision x.
 
Back
Top