How do I install newer version of drivers & replace older version ?

dan99t

n00b
Hi,

I have a multi monitor system that I run using three ATI FirePro 2460 GDDR3 cards.

Recently one of those card died.

So I replaced it with a new card. But new card has GDDR5, rest of the specs same.

But new card keeps crashing & the drivers might be the cause because current drivers are 2 years old.

So what is the best way of installing new drivers & replacing the old ones ?

New drivers size is 400 MBs.

Thank You

Those FirePro 2460 are I think 7 or 8 years old.. what's the new GPU you are using?. those FirePro Multi-View always used an specific unified driver which isn't the same for the others professional segment of cards or consumer card, so need to install different drivers packages. one for your Multi-monitor GPUS and other for the new GPU.

Those FirePro 2460 are I think 7 or 8 years old.. what's the new GPU you are using?. those FirePro Multi-View always used an specific unified driver which isn't the same for the others professional segment of cards or consumer card, so need to install different drivers packages. one for your Multi-monitor GPUS and other for the new GPU.

New card is identical to other two cards & they all are used for multi monitors. No separate card for anything else. One card died so I am replacing that card with new one with identical specs except the new card has GDDR5 instead of GDDR3.

So I guess new card has the identical GPU otherwise they won't be running together right now & displaying 12 monitors.

Only problem is that new card crashes only when I use YouTube videos for a while.

Old Card : ATI FirePro 2460 512 MB GDDR3

New Card : ATI FirePro 2460 512 MB GDDR5

On AMD site it does not list different drivers for these two cards. It asks you only which FirePro it is. i.e. 2460 OR 2450 etc. Not what kind of GDDR it has.

my bad, never heard of a GDDR5 of that GPU.. so then, at first it shouldn't have any issue, but I would try, unistalling old drivers, reboot the system and install the latest one so it should recognize all the GPUs as a new installation and configuration.

Back