How do I install all versions of Win7 off one disc?

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone figure out what to edit on the Win7 DVD to allow it to install all the different versions? I'm setting up a thumb drive to install Windows 7 off of but I don't want to have to deal with constantly changing the files off the drive for different versions. I remember someone figured out a way with the early RTM how to do it.

Since you already have the install files on the thumb drive, delete ei.cfg file in the sources subdirectory.

hope that helps :D

Thanks. Is there a folder in the install where I can drop all the updates so they install with Windows 7? I saw upgrades, just not sure and a search turned up nothing.

Last edited:
Deleting the ei.cfg file is the trick, for all versions of the same platform. I haven't seen anything (working) for getting both platforms on the same flash drive though.

Deleting the ei.cfg file is the trick, for all versions of the same platform. I haven't seen anything (working) for getting both platforms on the same flash drive though.

You should be able to achieve that by extracting the WIM images from install.wim that you want to add, then combining them with your already bootable drive.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I would use 64bit media as a base as 32bit code can still run on it.

Back