how do i install a 2000 printer driver on server 2003 ?

T

troyquigley

i have installed 8 printers on my server 2003 and i am sharing the printers. all the 2000 workstations will connect to the 2003 server to print. all printers will be installed from server 2003.

i was wondering how can i have both 2003/xp/2000 printer drivers for each printer. so if a xp or 2000 workstations want to connect and install the printer, it will automatically install the drivers.

YeOldeStonecat said:
Depending on the printer, more than likely it'll be the same NT based driver for all.

With the exceptiion of NT4 that is. You don't want to install NT4 drivers on a 2003 print server.

oakfan52 said:
With the exceptiion of NT4 that is. You don't want to install NT4 drivers on a 2003 print server.

Right...I meant the latest NT driver...as 2K3/XP/2K are all NT...just different versions. Latest versions of NT based drivers are "usually" backwards compatible a notch.

Besides a museum...how many people still have an NT 4 box in production? LOL

YeOldeStonecat said:
Right...I meant the latest NT driver...as 2K3/XP/2K are all NT...just different versions. Latest versions of NT based drivers are "usually" backwards compatible a notch.

Besides a museum...how many people still have an NT 4 box in production? LOL

you'd be surpised. our eneterprise still runs NT servers and just migrade to a 2003 domain last year.

windows 2000/XP/2003 all use the same driver set.

If you go to the printer properties, then under sharing, there is a button for additional drivers

Back