How do I hook this cold cathode up (PICS)

EPS Sniper

Gawd
I just got my lamps electronics cathodes from pctoyland and I am actually shocked that I have no idea as to how to hook it up. Here's what I'm talking about:

ccfl-001.jpg

ccfl-002.jpg

those two flat metal heads on the 2 red wires go on the 2 pointy things coming out the back of the switch. thats cool how yours came on a pci card, i drilled a hole in the front of my case for mine.

You are kidding right?

red wire with connector goes to switch.
the other red wire with connector goes to switch.
Does not matter which connector on switch.

multiple wire connector goes to computer power supply.

Cool, I just wasn't sure which wire went on which prong. I'm gonna hook it up real quick and see if it work.

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by stringcheeseincident
thats cool how yours came on a pci card, i drilled a hole in the front of my case for mine.

Yep, thats how mine came too. I got a Vantec UV Cathode. I was pleasantly surprised as well. :D

PCTOYLAND has good prices

6.99 for UV dual cathodes

and 9.99 for vantec sleaving kit

it took only 2 days to get my kit from them, and overall it is pretty good....however i do have a few quibbles about the kit itself.

for one thing the wiring is way too short. i probably will add some extensions so that the power plug can connect to the switch.

also, the hole they made for the switch in the back plate is a tad too big, so the switch is a little loose.

last, but not least, is that cold cathode kits in general add way too many wires and such. its not really anybody's fault on this one, just my little rant.

overall though im pretty happy with the kit. 12.50 shipped isn't bad either :)

I have that exact kit in my case right now. I like it because it's very bright. I couldn't stand the switch it came with being so loose and it being in the back of the case would have been a hassle so I just cutout a little square in one of my drive covers with a Dremel and put the switch there. It turned out pretty nice.

964367.jpg

I just ordered some stuff off of svc to help make this kit a little bit better. I got some more wire, some heatshrink, and some wire sleeving so that I can make the wires longer and neater.

Hopefully it should turn out nice.

Phew, nice job. If you had hooked it up backwards on the switch it would have sucked all the light out of the room when you turned it on.
jk

Originally posted by delbert
Phew, nice job. If you had hooked it up backwards on the switch it would have sucked all the light out of the room when you turned it on.

Completely unecessary, but you win for the day. That was funny.

Back