How do i get stability? (opty [email protected])

RegisteredToPost

Limp Gawd
cpu-oz.gif

Let me start by saying, i dont really know what im doing here, but i got my opty cpu to boot at 2.7 but it fails prime95. So would anyone be willing to help me figure out how to achieve stability?

Speedfan reports as such, at prime failure with two instances. A single also fails but the temps are lower.

spdfan.gif

So, here i am. Ram timings have not been changed but i wasnt sure which ones to loosen. Can i get some guidance here? Is changing chipset, HT or DDr voltage common?

This is an opteron 175, 1GB crucial ballistix, and an asus A8N-sli premium

I don't know much about that memory but it looks like you are not using a mem divider. Try setting your divider to DDR333 (or ~8/10) and try again

Edit: Your temps are fine. Borderline high, but still fine.

Edit2: I just did some research on the ballistix and found that while they stock are capable of 250mhz, you are lucky if you can overclock them to the mid 260s... So definately try coming down one notch on the memory divider... if that still doesn't do it then the processor may not be able to handle it.

Bill

Change your RAM to 1T timing and check for stability. If still not stable. Leave it at 1T timing since thats the best you can use for 939 from what I have both heard and seen. Up your RAM voltage by .1V and see if that works. If its still not stable, then try to use the smallest RAM divider you have. Only use the RAM dividers if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary is what I always follow. By using the smallest RAM divider I'm talking about if your RAM runs at 200mhz natively then bump it down as little as possible with the RAM divider. Preferably a 9/10 ratio or smaller if possible.

Make sure you are changing it in the right direction. You are able to change it to make it run faster than the FSB as well as slower than the FSB. Make sure you go the direction that makes it run slower.

Well changing to 333 from 400 made it lock at post, 200, it would boot to OS yet still fail prime. Knocked it down to 2.6ghz at 1:1 at 1T, priming for hours so far so good. Which is odd, i tried 2.6 before but it wasnt stable, Odd that it is now. Hmm i'll just live with 2.6 hmmph

What temperature would be considered bad for the core? 65 and upwards?

Back