• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How do I get CDDB to work with EAC now?

Format _C:

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
4,189
Now that CDDB shut down their legacy (that must have happened recently) servers and is now MusicBrainz I cannot get the CD information into Exact Audio Copy (AKA EAC). I have entered the new server information into EAC but that does not work, what can I be doing wrong?
 
Anyone? I just got a load of "new" CD's that need to be ripped to FLAC files. I don't feel like manually entering a hundred titles of information myself.
 
I posted all of the settings I used in those three pictures and the forth picture is the error message I got when I tried to get the disc information.
I will look into that link you posted and see if I can get that to work.

Oops: I did not realize that I posted a full 4K image of my screen.
 

Attachments

  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Clipboard05.jpg
    Clipboard05.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just switched to gnudb.org and entered the server information as stated on the website.
Thanks for the help I have never even heard of gnudb before.
 

Attachments

  • Clipboard07.jpg
    Clipboard07.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
Cool beans. I thought you found some magic setting to hit for MusicBrainz . haha
 
Back
Top