Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I have a Dell Dimension e510 and would like to buy some new ram for it. How do I find out the current voltage settings for the memory in the BIOS? Any insight would be helpful.
Good Luck. Many Dell BIOS' are not accessible even fewer if any allow voltage adjustments.
Having said that you merely need to know what kind of ram your system has/uses [ddr2 for instance] and acquire that kind of ram if you want additional ram
Here is what I am trying to do. I know my dell takes DDR2 800 and I want to upgrade my memory, but its a short term solution. Next month I will be building a new computer and the memory I buy now for the Dell, I want to use in the new computer. I am looking at DDR2 1066 memory and am worried about compatibility in my existing dell.
It may just underclock the memory to DDR2 800. It shouldn't cause any fatal problems though. Why don't you just wait to buy it until you get the new computer, if your building in a month anyway, seems you could hold off.
Even if you did get the RAM working at full speed in the Dell, your not gonna see any major speed increase, i would just *(A) Buy it and save if for the new build (B) Wait and buy it with the rest of your components.
What size modules are you buying? 2x2gb? If so i'd make sure the board can handle 2gb per slot, ya never know lol.