• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

How do I enable video on Sandy Bridge?

IsaacMM

Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
646
I suspect my video hard might be defective and I would like to turn it off and let the computer run without so I can see if the system still freezes. I have a Z68 board, how do I enable the 2500k's video?
 
what mobo do you have?

sadly lots of manufacturers have been selling and continue to sell z68 boards with no video outputs. does your mobo have video outputs?
 
I just thought i'd have to do something so the video card's driver won't get in the way? I guess there is no need?
 
Nope it is really easy to switch back and forth between the dedicated and the IGP. Also it is possible to run both at the same time at least with the Intel® Desktop Board DZ68DB and I would expect other Z68 boards to give you support for 3 or monitors.
 
Well I plugged my monitor into my motherboard's DVI port and no image was displayed. Does anyone know how I can do this?
 
Typically onboard video is configured through BIOS. Boot with video card, enter bios, under chipset configuration enable the onboard video.
 
Or use the jumper to clear CMOS, plug it back in to the wall socket, and press the power button...
 
Go into bios and make sure that you tell the computer you want it to enable integrated or IGP as the boot video device, not PCI-E add on card or whatever might be in your options.
 
also try taking out your current card, most mobo's will disable the igp when an external card is detected, of course you could just disable this in the bios. if the card is bad no reason to have it in there taking up power.
 
Back
Top