How do I enable real time protection in nod32?

adri1456

Gawd
I made this file to test out AVG and nod32.

When I finished saving that file on my desktop, AVG went crazy, telling me that the file I just made has a virus in it, while nod32 doesn't do anything.

1) How do I enable individual file scanning in nod32?
2) How can I enable real time protection?

you're not running avg and nod32 at the same time are you?

anyways, click on the nod32 tray icon, and it'll open the control center, then expand "resident modules and filter" and you should see "AMON" "DMON" "IMON" and "NOD32", under AMON is where you enable "real time protection" and under nod32 it has options for single file scanning, also if you right click on a file you should be able to choose "scan with nod32" or something similar from the menu.

Xtasy0 said:
you're not running avg and nod32 at the same time are you?

anyways, click on the nod32 tray icon, and it'll open the control center, then expand "resident modules and filter" and you should see "AMON" "DMON" "IMON" and "NOD32", under AMON is where you enable "real time protection" and under nod32 it has options for single file scanning, also if you right click on a file you should be able to choose "scan with nod32" or something similar from the menu.
I was, until I read your comment.

I disabled AVG and remade the file again, but NOD32 still didn't find it, even if I right clicked the file and used NOD to scan it.

Is it bad if I use 2 AV scanners at the same time? Because sometimes AVG finds viruses in when I download files, and other times, NOD finds them.

well, i suppose you can run them at the same time, but it shouldn't be needed. if you go into the AMON setup you can set it to do deep heuristics and advanced heuristics (i'm assuming avg is catching it via heuristics since i doubt g4techtv would link you to an actual virus).

BTW, i just set nod32 heuristics sensitivity to "deep" and under "methods on create" i selected runtime packers and advanced heuristics and then i pasted that line into a file and as soon as i saveed it nod32 popped up the alert.

but, it looks like all it needed was heuristics sensitivity set to deep.

[edit]

nope set all the settings back to default "standard" heuristic sensitivity and it still caught it as soon as i saved it....it also catches it if i right click and choose to scan it....i really don't know what to tell you..except maybe try to get a newer version of nod32?

Back