How do I eliminate bubbles in WC?

swoop56

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 14, 2002
Messages
418
I have a ton of little white bubbles in my res and some floating around in the tubes. I can also hear them inside the pump.

I'm doing my testing phase and havn't yet installed it. So far, just one leak because I didn't push the tube onto the pump enough. I havn't put on any clamps. I'm running regular bottled water because I don't have any distilled ATM.

So any hint/tips on getting rid of air?
 
Dude, if you are going to go the watercooling route, do it right from the beginning.

Get some distilled water. It's the purist water you can use. Bottled water, no matter how "pure" it says it is, it still has some minerals and crap in it that will mess with your system farther down the road. You are using some sort of additive to help prevent corrosion and algae arent you? :rolleyes:

If you have hose clamps, USE THEM. They dont stop leaks, they prevent them. If you put a clamp on a leaking tube, it has a higher chance of leaking again than a tube that had a clamp on it beforehand. Anyone who has done any kind of household plumbing knows this and doesnt make the same mistake twice.

As far as the bubbles, they will eventually disolve back into the water. You can try and collect all the bubbles in your reservoir and just wait for them to go away. In my system, this took a day or so to get the water completly free of bubbles. Start to worry about the bubbles if they continue to flow through the system after a couple of days. They wont really hurt your temps any, but it doesnt really look good. Ohwell.

Good luck
-OMP
 
Back
Top