How do I disable X-fire on my 6990 ?

kingdom9214

Limp Gawd
I bought a 6990 off craiglist and I've never own a dual gpu from AMD. I installed the 12.4 driver and the latest CAP's from AMD's website Only problem is I can't seem to find where to disable crossfire in CCC. I google it and it says its under the Performace tab but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is my card broken or is it the wrong driver ?

APB is running really bad and people say turning off X-fire will help with the FPS stutter. So this is why I want to turn it off, for those that are wondering. Any help would be a amazing.

Crossfire isn't designed to be disabled on dual-GPU cards.

You can achieve the same thing by disabling Catalyst AI in most cases.

Better yet, you can create a user defined crossfire profile for that game that has crossfire disabled.

But really there are few situations where you should actually need to disable crossfire.

Most sites I've check say you cannot disables Xfire in X2 cards.

I didn't realize this, I just figured it was like the GTX 295 I had and you could just turn it off =P
So there's away to set a profile that will kick off crossfire for just certain game ?

I bought a 6990 off craiglist and I've never own a dual gpu from AMD. I installed the 12.4 driver and the latest CAP's from AMD's website Only problem is I can't seem to find where to disable crossfire in CCC. I google it and it says its under the Performace tab but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is my card broken or is it the wrong driver ?

APB is running really bad and people say turning off X-fire will help with the FPS stutter. So this is why I want to turn it off, for those that are wondering. Any help would be a amazing.

My 4870x2 could have its Xfire disabled by turning off Catalyst AI. No idea about the 5xxx series or above however.

So there's away to set a profile that will kick off crossfire for just certain game ?

Yeah, The setting to disable crossfire is at the bottom.

crossfireprofile1.jpg

uuhhh, these methods are slow.

if you want to disable crossfire in a single game that has poor scaling or stuttering, just use RadeonPro
and run the game with the options Force AA Profile: FORCE SINGLE GPU.

uuhhh, these methods are slow.

if you want to disable crossfire in a single game that has poor scaling or stuttering, just use RadeonPro
and run the game with the options Force AA Profile: FORCE SINGLE GPU.

Making a profile once and having it work automatically from then on is "slow"?

RadeonPro forces the use of a single gpu without turning off crossfire. No blinking monitor, no waiting. It just works.

RadeonPro is the single most useful crossfire application. You can improve framerates by using alternate crossfire profiles in low supported crossfire games, force AA in less shiny games and setup fps/crossfire gauges to see how effectively each card is being used. Its effectively a better CCC.

Don't use it though if you don't want to, your loss.

Back