How do I disable 'Catch-up mode' on NFSU???

thats just how the game is. I wish they had a feature for the catch-up mode, and the "all cars produce the same power with the same amount of money involved".

In career mode, there isn't a way. It is on by default.

But in single player races, you can turn it off.

yep... the damn catch up is bugging me on race 112...

i leave the damn 350z spinning and going headlong into a wall, then half a lap later, he's back on my tail.. grr... and he usually overtakes me too :D

Originally posted by illig
yep... the damn catch up is bugging me on race 112...

i leave the damn 350z spinning and going headlong into a wall, then half a lap later, he's back on my tail.. grr... and he usually overtakes me too :D

im on that race also, yea he catches up from now where...

I've seen a trainer for the game that has one cheat to turn off the timer and cause the AI to freak out. There's got to be a better way though than resorting to that.

Then again, I think having the AI playing "catch-up" is cheating. Well, that and it's a sign of poor AI programming.

I just beat the game yesterday, I found the hardest race to be 103/111(or112) where it's a circuit race of 7 laps, that map sucked. 112 was easy, and the ending is plain STUPID!
-Steve

Originally posted by Torgo
Then again, I think having the AI playing "catch-up" is cheating. Well, that and it's a sign of poor AI programming.

Ding Ding Ding.....We have a winner!

I absolutely agree 100% with this.

Whens the last ending worthwhile for a game? Max Payne 1 / 2 sucked for endings. Most every game sucked for a ending...

Originally posted by v6maro
I just beat the game yesterday, I found the hardest race to be 103/111(or112) where it's a circuit race of 7 laps, that map sucked. 112 was easy, and the ending is plain STUPID!
-Steve

Thats where I am....FUCKING CATCH UP BASTARDS

"Sweet Im 18 seconds ahead"......2 seconds later "FUCK I AM ONLY 0.5 seconds ahead"......2 seconds later "FUCK I AM NOW BEHIND AND......MOTHER FUCKER THERES A WALL......38 seconds behind"

Originally posted by v6maro
and the ending is plain STUPID!
-Steve

Duh! Its a racing game!! you dont play it for the story line!
i can only imagine if it actually had a story line: "And jo-bob lifted the bikini clad racer chik of the hood of the loosers unl33t ride and drove off into the sunset with a burst of nos from his tweaked out NEON!"

Back