How do I determine if Windows 7 is legal?

Bootleg or Not?

• Total voters

Format _C:

2[H]4U
My community center was recently donated 10 computer from a school and I have reason to believe that all of the computers are running an illegitimate copy of Windows 7 Professional

Is there a way to determine this for sure?

I am suspicious because they only have and XP Professional Key code (Older Computers) and in the DVD drive of one of the computers was a DVD-R copy

but my main reason for being suspicious is what I posted in the code box below

Here is the output file from SterJo Keyfinder

Code:
Windows 7 Professional ->Product ID:
55041-008-1615465-86988

Windows 7 Professional ->Key:
BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB

Microsoft Office 2010 ->Product ID:
82503-018-0000106-48773

Microsoft Office 2010 ->Key:
VYBBJ-TRJPB-QFQRF-QFT4D-H3GVB

Yes this is real any key finder does the same thing with a capital B for all 25 characters
and I get the same output from all 10 Computers

If the DigitalProductID data is decoded as all Bs then the license used was a MAK (multiple activation key) license.

Is that the actual Office 2010 key? i don't think you should openly post that :)

At least switch a few letters or numbers.

Anything wrong with just reinstalling their OEM or would you prefer to keep them on 7?

Anything wrong with just reinstalling their OEM or would you prefer to keep them on 7?

I would actually prefer to go back to XP or some form of Linux as I have 10 identical computers which are quite old they are all HP
Series:DC500MT
Part #: PJ357UA#ABA
I was just wondering if I could use the W7 licenses (If they are infact valid) on another computer

How do I go about checking the ID to make sure it is valid?
Is there a way to get the actual Key that was used to activate Windows instead of all B's?

Back