How do i DELETE all the music off of my IPOD.

laxjax13

Limp Gawd
or reformat it or whatever, whichever way is faster.

ALSO i cant rename music folders on my computer ever since i installed ITunes.

Can someone help me fix these problems?

thx

don't know why you can't rename folders as you should be able to do that outside of iTunes but as for removing all the music from the ipod...just run the ipod software updater and tell it to restore and you are done

it says

"your ipod doesnt need to be formatted. please click next to continue install"

IT seems that everythign has been changed to read only. thats probably why i couldnt change the names :rolleyes:

what are you installing?

you can either go into iTunes and go to Prefrences>iPod and change it to "manually update", then delete all the songs, or run the restore app (NOT the cd, on the cd yes, but not from the cd.) It should be in Start>Programs>iPod

if not, download the iPod updater from http://www.apple.com/iPod and install it, then run "Resotre"

also, if you have "keep my music folder organized" selected in iTunes options, it will organize it itself, therefore invalidating anything you do anyway. Also, messing with the file/folder names will make it so iTunes can't find the files, and therefore can't play them, but you should prolly go turn that option off if you don't like it

C1utCh said:
what are you installing?

you can either go into iTunes and go to Prefrences>iPod and change it to "manually update", then delete all the songs, or run the restore app (NOT the cd, on the cd yes, but not from the cd.) It should be in Start>Programs>iPod

if not, download the iPod updater from http://www.apple.com/iPod and install it, then run "Resotre"

also, if you have "keep my music folder organized" selected in iTunes options, it will organize it itself, therefore invalidating anything you do anyway. Also, messing with the file/folder names will make it so iTunes can't find the files, and therefore can't play them, but you should prolly go turn that option off if you don't like it
If you choose to not 'keep [your] music folder organized' can you cange the names of the folders and the songs? Will iTunes read this correctly, or will it give up, clear the existing library/playlist "master list" file, and re-inventory everything in your music folder?

if you just want to wipe your ipod, download the ipod updater software and next to the update button there should be a button that says something like restore, that loads the factory settings and wipes the drive if i'm not mistaken

laxjax13 said:
or reformat it or whatever, whichever way is faster.

ALSO i cant rename music folders on my computer ever since i installed ITunes.

Can someone help me fix these problems?

thx

29_1_b.JPG

The answer to all your prayers

Back