How do I connect my PS3 to my soundcard?

RyanH

Limp Gawd
Ok I have an Auzentech Prelude X-Fi soundcard that I'm connecting to my PS3 through Toslink optical connection. The output device are my headphones that are connected to the line out 1 from my prelude. I'm not getting any sound though. I've changed the output sound device to optical in the PS3 sound settings.

I'm more than likely wrong.. but..

I believe that optical connection on your soundcard is for optical OUT. If it can take optical connections IN then chances are you need to specify it somewhere in the drivers that it's IN and not OUT.

I think you are correct. You're putting two OUT connections together. Most likely you will have to use the aux input in.

Well I know that this soundcard has SPDIF IN and OUT and Its connected to the IN on my soundcard. I'm just looking to get basic 2.1 stereo sound

Without having a Prelude, I can only make some suggestions.

1) In the main volume panel, unmute S/PDIF In and mute all other inputs (Mic, Aux, Line-In, etc).

2) Enable Monitoring, if the option's available. It's probably automatic if the Prelude uses the same Audio Console as the base X-Fi. Check what kind of signal the Audio Console says its getting from the PS3 if so. It should say something like "<unknown> bit, stereo, 48000Hz."

Since you are only looking for 2 channel audio you could just use analog input with a rca to 3.5mm adapter. Simple and effective.

If the drivers don't automatically route the input to output, you may need an application to loop the data. A friend of mine makes use of winamp with an input module.

Since you are only looking for 2 channel audio you could just use analog input with a rca to 3.5mm adapter. Simple and effective.

Yea that's the solutions I'm using now but its too weak of a signal. I dont see any option to enable monitoring.

edit: ok i got it to work by unmuting digital-in in the playback mixer but i have it connected via spdif in which is the same thing i thought. Whats the difference between Spdif In and Digital In?

Back