How do i configure my router

rana

Limp Gawd
i need to configure my wireless router for dns purposes so it forwards requests on port 80 to my ocmputer... but i dont know how to do it....

so......how do i do it?

Normally, I'm in a helpful mood, but since you didn't tell us anything about the router, I can only offer four letters: RTFM. Also check the website of whoever makes it. Linksys, for example, has all kinds of walk throughs on their site for advanced configs.

what djnes said is true, but usually just go to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 or 1.0 or 0.1 or some combination there of, it will start with 192.168 though

sorry.......i have a wireless dlink router.....ok well the website was really helpful...thanks!

*giggle*
RTFM n00b

;)

Seriously, in the future when you have a problem please try the manual of the product you have, and if that doesnt work then check the internet site for that company, its listed in the manual anymore. And if that doesnt help try a few google searches. Then is the time to come here. People everywhere usually only like helping people that try to help themselves first, including me.

Back