how do i burn a 7gb iso file into 2 dvds?

Compress the ISO with RARs and burn the RARs or take the data out using PowerISO and then burn some data to one and the rest to the other.

Is this is a Data ISO (like an image of a game disc or similar) then NoForgiveness' idea is probably the best router.

If it's a video ISO, then you'll need to use some sort of authoring software that can split the video and recreate the file system so that they'll play properly.

Is this is a Data ISO (like an image of a game disc or similar) then NoForgiveness' idea is probably the best router.

If it's a video ISO, then you'll need to use some sort of authoring software that can split the video and recreate the file system so that they'll play properly.

is an os. noforgiveness?

is an os. noforgiveness?

NoForgiveness is the user that posted right before me.

The only problem you might have is that the installer might expect all the files to be on the same disc and will likely fail when it can't find the ones you've moved to another disc. What OS are you trying to burn, if you don't mind my asking?

ah crap. googled NoForgiveness :D

how about burn it on a double layer DVD? there is some tools that splits big games on multiple CD’s but this includes building a new installer which I don’t think gonna work with an OS.

and since I think a 7 GB OS might be more than just one operating system. there is also ohter tools that lets you squeeze lots of similar operating systems into one disc by not duplication matched files, like when you see all 32bit and all 64bit editions of windows 7 on one normal DVD.

Short Answer :
the quickest/easiest way is burning it on a double layer indeed..

Long Answer :
there are couple more options (considering this is a data ISO) for the sake of this thread :
Split the ISO (using a software like ISOBUSTER) and burn 2x4.7gb DVD's with your authoring software.

incase this ISO is based on an installation package (all data need to be in the same DVD inorder for the installation to work), you'll need a lot of work to do, basiclly you'll need to "edit" the installation package using "special" software, and create a new installation the spans over 2 or more dvd's.

this is really hard to perform, so i'm guessing you won't go that route, if you do actually insist, tell me and i'll try to help you get a proper guide for it (too tired to google for it)

os=macos x 10.6.3 using efi
i think the best corse is buying a double layer dvd.

Back