How did mining blow up again

TheLAWNoob

Limp Gawd
Was the recent rise in ETH and BTC getting the litecoin people back in the game?

I forgot to check here for a week and now its pretty active again.

New cards that can mine very well (RX 480/580).
Price of ETH has jumped to $125!
I just bought parts for my 4th mining rig. Currently mining about 13.3 ether per month.

How easy to setup a mining rig for ETH? I have a 290x. If its still worth it I'm willing to buy a 580 or 2.

Here's to hoping the insanely limited stock and skyrocketing card prices keeps the difficulty from jumping too much :LOL:

Was the recent rise in ETH and BTC getting the litecoin people back in the game?

I forgot to check here for a week and now its pretty active again.

Lots of fantastic news from ETH community this week. Look to hear a lot more soon about ETH on mainstream channels. BTC is also blowing up in price which generates attention for crypto.

What are some good resources on what parts people should buy to start a mining rig from scratch? Very interested!

I can cannibalize 2 gaming boxes for 2 x 1070, a 1060 and an R9-290 and drop them in an old 990fx board with a 1090T. Worth doing? Should I avoid using any of these video cards? Can I disable all the cores & underclock the CPU? My power supply is only 800w.

Is CPU power even required? Can we get a cheapo CPU and just stack it with Multi-GPU?

Back